Our focus is on removing barriers for investors and foundations interested in investing in the social sector using business approaches for development. We provide a broad range of services to spur the engagement of social investors and foundations in impact investing. This includes establishing program-related investment (PRI) programs for foundations.
We offer integrated solutions covering strategy and sourcing of social investments, credit evaluations and monitoring systems, pragmatic social performance measurements, and industry building and knowledge sharing activities.
SIMA’s team participates at the forefront of the social and impact investment field. Our team’s clients and investors include Fortune 100 companies, investors, foundations, development institutions, networks and social investors.
- Evaluations of mission and goals to develop coherent strategy to fulfill client objective
- Identification of investments in line with strategy
- Perform due diligence and prepare investment proposals of social businesses serving bottom of the pyramid customers in frontier and emerging markets
- Administrative support for investments including booking, disbursement, payment services and collection, post-disbursement monitoring, and reporting the performance of the portfolio
- Define key criteria, in consultation with client, that can be effectively monitored to incrementally show progress toward social and environmental goals with potential for real business and financial improvement
- Providing frameworks for assessing achievement social performance goals
- In consultation with clients, development of enforceable social and environmental covenants to ensure accountability on agreed objectives.
- Implementation and monitoring of codes of conduct
- Evaluation of social performance of investments and investment portfolios
- Development and implementation of social scorecards
- Conduct portfolio review to establish portfolio risk levels
- Stress testing and adequacy of reserves
- Development key criteria and framework including formats for underwriting credit assessment systems for social investment portfolios
- Establish portfolio monitoring system using internal rating criteria
- Advise on securitizations and structuring
- Organize industry events on key issues and challenges
- Deliver training for industry practitioners and participants and through workshops, conferences and industry events
- Training for investors and funders considering social investments