A Premier NBFC of Pakistan is hiring for a position of
Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
A first of its kind newly established fintech based Non-Banking Finance Company in Pakistan is seeking a dynamic Chief Risk
Officer to support its establishment and risk management. The core idea of this premier venture is to disrupt the current
status quo by increasing affordability, product innovation and a well-developed fintech platform to efficiently deliver
transparent and customer oriented mortgages.
This leading venture is a subsidiary of Social Investment Managers and Advisors LLC (SIMA), a US asset manager registered
with SEC. SIMA is a fast growing company focused on double bottom line fund management, advisory services and creation
of social businesses in the area of financial inclusion, solar energy, affordable housing and education in some of the poorest
countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. SIMA believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and
innovative thinking. The firm’s Managing Partners are among the longest serving social investment fund managers and
actively contributed to the development of the social impact investment industry. SIMA has increased its employee more
than 8 times in last 3.5 years from 2 to 17 and expects to have about 30 people by 2021. SIMA has presence in USA, Kenya,
Pakistan and India. (Simafunds.com)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To supervise the totality of the risk functions in the company including credit as well as all other enterprise wide risk such as
market and liquidity risk, operational risk, fraud, cross border and other such as legal and reputational risk.
• Developing risk maps and formulating strategic action plans to help minimize, manage, and mitigate primary risks and then
monitor the progress of these efforts
• To identify , develop and review overall Risk Management policy, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment (ICAAP) and
approval of the enterprise wide risk governance framework
• Liasining with the regulatory bodies such as SECP and any other external agencies/organizations such as rating
agencies/auditors etc for ongoing business operations.
• To develop, facilitate and introduce systems and procedures for risk identification, risk analysis, risk measurement and risk
• To supervise setting, monitoring and reporting company wide key risk indicators
• Creating and disseminating risk analysis reports and progress reports to different stakeholders, including employees, board
members, and C-suite executives
• To develop and implement policy framework of Information Security and Fraud Risk Management
• To supervise establishing an early warning and trigger systems for breaches of the company’s Risk appetite/limits
• To oversee the Credit Administration function of the company.
• To formulate and review credit and risk policies and procedures and communicate with the team
• To ensure effective portfolio risk management across the franchise
• To ensure compliance of credit related laws, regulations, Credit instructions and procedures, maintenance of files and other
records, rectification of audit irregularities and their non-recurrence
• Minimum Masters degree in Finance/Business Administration along-with professional certifications such as FRM / CFA will
be an additional preference.
• Head or Senior Manager of Consumer Risk at a leading financial institution is preferred.
• 10-15 years’ experience of working in credit administration of consumer Ijarah and Diminishing Musharakah products.
• Proficient with risk management, auditing techniques, and accounting standards and principles
• Must possess knowledge of risk analysis, database management, risk metrics, and capital management
• A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility to grow the overall business
• Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently
• Outstanding communication, analytical and critical thinking skills, and an executive presence
• Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce
• Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills
Please send your application, resume and salary expection to email@example.com. The title of your email should be “Application for Chief Risk Officer”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org