Social Investment Managers and Advisors (SIMA) LLC, registered with the SEC, seeks an IT Analyst to support mainstream information technology functions and maintain company’s website. SIMA is a fast-growing company focused on double bottom line fund management, advisory services and creation of social businesses. SIMA is focused in the areas of financial inclusion, solar energy, affordable housing and education in some of the poorest countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking. SIMA’s Managing Partners are some of the longest serving asset managers in impact investing who are known for their innovative thinking and deep commitment to both financial and social returns. Our business is to create, fundraise, invest and manage double bottom line social funds for private sector investors, individuals, foundations, corporates and institutional investors. In addition, we provide advisory services to facilitate social investments for our clients, especially foundations. SIMA has increased its staff more than 8 times in last 3.5 years from 2 to 17 and expects to have about 30 people by 2021. SIMA has presence in USA, Kenya, Pakistan and India
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working across multiple projects across IT infrastructure, administration, business as usual and troubleshooting in different areas and technologies
- Take a lead on company’s website maintenance and increase the traffic flow by leveraging various digital marketing tools i.e. SEO, Google analytics etc.
- Build and analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Update web content to align with ongoing campaigns and projects
- Effectively communicated existing problems of the system and proposed solutions to the management
- Examining the current systems and identifying new technologies and tools for enhancing product value and increasing team productivity
- Monitor the security of critical systems (e.g., e-mail servers, database servers, web servers, etc.) and changes to highly sensitive computer security controls.
- Install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Day to day systems related ad-hoc projects
- Maintain a well-controlled operational environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelors from a reputed university in computer science, information technology, or any other related field.
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
- At least 2 years’ of experience in Information Technology department of any financial institution or any other related industry.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness.
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility.
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills.
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas.
Please send your resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your email should be “Application for IT and website analyst position”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com