Vice President Job Description
Social Investment Managers and Advisors (SIMA) LLC, registered with the SEC, is hiring for the position of Associate to support Investment and Fund Management activities of an asset management company focused on bottom of the pyramid investment opportunities with commercial returns and clear social benefits. SIMA is a fast-growing company focused on double bottom line fund management, advisory services and creation of social businesses. SIMA is focused in the areas of financial inclusion, solar energy, affordable housing and education in some of the poorest countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking. SIMA’s Managing Partners are some of the longest serving asset managers in impact investing who are known for their innovative thinking and deep commitment to both financial and social returns. Our business is to create, fundraise, invest and manage double bottom line social funds for private sector investors, individuals, foundations, corporates and institutional investors. In addition, we provide advisory services to facilitate social investments for our clients, especially foundations. SIMA has increased its staff more than 8 times in last 3.5 years from 2 to 17 and expects to have about 30 people by 2021. SIMA has presence in USA, Kenya, Pakistan and India.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the firm in all deal-related tasks, including on site due-diligence in emerging markets, financial and credit analysis and deal structuring
- Developing and vetting potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting findings to the Investment Committee
- Understand the fundamentals of the target companies, their business models, markets and macroeconomic environment
- Conduct primary and secondary market research related to financial and clean energy access in Africa, Asia and other emerging markets
- Collaborate with a team of experienced investors seeking to optimize financial, social and environmental outcomes while scaling up international investment in clean energy in the developing world
- Coordinate with fund servicer to help produce financial statements
- Creating reports for investors
- Maintain a well-controlled operating environment
- Bachelor’s degree; pursuing professional accountant certification i.e. CFA/ACCA
- Strong quantitative skills, a high degree of proficiency with Excel and applied financial modeling experience
- Fresh to 1 years’ experience in any leading financial institution
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies
- Strong negotiating and team-working skills
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas
- Background in international development or clean energy preferred
Please send your resume and salary expectation to email@example.com. The title of your email should be “Application for the position of Associate”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org