Vice President Job Description
Social Investment Managers and Advisors (SIMA) LLC, registered with the SEC, seeks a Vice President to support Investment and Fund Management activities of an asset management company focused on bottom of the pyramid investment opportunities with commercial returns and clear social benefits. SIMA is a fast-growing company focused on double bottom line fund management, advisory services and creation of social businesses. SIMA is focused in the areas of financial inclusion, solar energy, affordable housing and education in some of the poorest countries in the world – namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Our company believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making and innovative thinking. SIMA’s Managing Partners are some of the longest serving asset managers in impact investing who are known for their innovative thinking and deep commitment to both financial and social returns. Our business is to create, fundraise, invest and manage double bottom line social funds for private sector investors, individuals, foundations, corporates and institutional investors. In addition, we provide advisory services to facilitate social investments for our clients, especially foundations. SIMA has increased its staff more than 8 times in last 3.5 years from 2 to 17 and expects to have about 30 people by 2021. SIMA has presence in USA, Kenya, Pakistan and India.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate and assist in the overall management of the firm including strategy, business development, relationship development and investment management
- Generate and participate in development of new business ideas, structure funds around these ideas, fundraise and invest collaboratively with the team
- Develop financial model for structured financings and funds
- Lead and support deal-related tasks, including due-diligence, financial analysis and deal structuring
- Sourcing new deals for the pipeline through active engagement in the targeted industry
- Developing and vetting potential opportunities, writing investment memos and presenting findings to the Investment Committee
- Meet target company representatives and understand the fundamentals of the target companies, their business models and macroeconomic environment
- Conduct primary and secondary market research related to impact investing including financial inclusion and clean energy access, education etc. in the developing world.
- Collaborate with a team of experienced investors seeking to optimize financial, social and environmental outcomes while scaling up international investment in impact investing, including clean energy, microfinance, education etc. in the developing world
- Supervise and help create reports to investors
- Maintain a well-controlled operational environment
- Masters from a reputed University/ CFA Charterholder desirable
- Strong quantitative skills, a high degree of proficiency with Excel and applied financial modeling experience
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- At least 10 years’ experience in commercial lending, investment banking, emerging market investing or impact investing
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high degree of efficiency and thoroughness
- A high level of passion, entrepreneurial energy, personal initiative and responsibility
- Strong cultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills and team-working skills
- Willingness to travel globally, including to rural areas
- Background in international development or clean energy preferred
Please send your resume and salary expectation to email@example.com. The title of your email should be “Application for Vice President”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org