Social Investment Managers and Advisors LLC (SIMA) is a fast-growing, new generation impact investment manager and advisor www.simafunds.com. SIMA is seeking an Investor Relations Associate with skilled sales, marketing and investor community engagement abilities to help grow our business. We are building up Sow Good Investments www.sowgoodinvestments.com, an innovative and pioneering on-line platform offering some of the first international impact investments paying a market return to US individual investors. Sow Good is part of SIMA, which has created some of the largest and most innovative impact funds in the off-grid solar sector and attracted a broad base of leading impact investors. SIMA has a unique business model and transparent culture, and we have also created operating companies such as an affordable fintech mortgage company. We also have a charitable foundation www.simafoundation.org as not all impact investing interventions can be done commercially.
The Associate will be responsible for interacting with a range of investors and supporting the scale-up of the Sow Good Investments platform by responding to investor queries directly, supporting digital marketing efforts, and through investor engagement activities. The Associate will work to track and expand sales channels and support presentations and strategies to acquire new impact investors. The position will leverage SIMA’s deep background in impact investments and network of institutional, philanthropic and individual impact investors and expertise in off-grid solar, financial inclusion, affordable housing and education sectors.
SIMA’s team works in some of the poorest countries in the world in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We believe in transparency, inclusive decision-making, and innovative thinking. The firm’s Managing Partners are among the longest serving impact investment managers and actively contributed to the development of the impact investment industry. We are based in the U.S. with the majority of staff in India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Mauritius. SIMA is a U.S. SEC-registered investment advisor, and a Top-50 Impact Assets Manager.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assist in building the Sow Good Investments platform and be engaged in all aspects of developing the business platform throughout the US.
• Develop and implement sales strategies through digital communities, affinity groups and in-person meetings.
• Use digital marketing to engage with and support retail individual and institutional investors.
• Cultivating relationships and presenting investment opportunities.
• Assist in preparing investment proposals and marketing efforts.
• Track digital marketing and outreach, as well as development and implementation of direct and digital sales strategies to individual investors and institutions, follow-up and engage with leads.
• Support management of Sow Good’s strategy, business development and relationship building.
• Optimize investor outreach, advertising, and messaging to identify most suitable prospects.
• Support business development to grow the Sow Good Investments platform, support management and compliance of the platform and report in to Managing Partner.
• Present compelling impact investments to diverse and broad base of investor groups, build community engagement and investment relationships.
• Work as part of a global team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in investor relations and/or sales with working knowledge of digital marketing preferred. Exceptional recent graduates may also be considered.
- Excellent people skills and relationship-building capabilities.
- Have excellent written and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with impact investments is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills and a high degree of proficiency in investor engagement.
- Track record of producing results and managing multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
- A high level of passion, ‘go-getter’ energy, personal initiative, and responsibility.
- Strong intercultural understanding and skills to communicate effectively across multiple geographies.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills, and team-working skills.
- Socially orientated and desire to create positive impact to society.
- Willingness to work remotely from home.
- Salary range of $50,000 – $60,000 plus benefits
- We will also provide ample training opportunities
How To Apply
Please send your resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your email should be “Investor Relations Associate”.