Social Investment Managers and Advisors (SIMA) LLC registered with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is looking for a Principal / VP / AVP, depending on your experience, to support the growth of the asset management company focused on impact investment opportunities with commercial returns and clear social benefits.
SIMA is focused on double bottom line investment, advisory services, and creation of social businesses in the areas of financial inclusion, solar energy, affordable housing and education in some of the poorest countries in the world namely sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. Current SIMA portfolio has investments across 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia Pacific.
SIMA believes in transparency, inclusive decision-making, and innovative thinking. SIMA’s Managing Partners are among the longest serving social investment fund managers and actively contributed to the development of the social impact investment industry.
SIMA has presence in 6 countries – US, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Pakistan, and India.
What the job involves?
- Lead all aspects of the venture capital and private equity due diligence process
- Conduct in-depth bottom-up fundamental research to evaluate investment ideas
- Be responsible for originating new deal flow. You will be expected to nurture GP relationships and have a very strong understanding of the VC and PE landscape
- Articulate your views in reports and investment team meetings
- Deal execution & financing: support the partner in charge of all aspects
- Support on financial modelling, due diligence, structuring and financing, and closing
- Venture building: Work closely with the entrepreneurs of the portfolio companies; Monitor the investment portfolio and performance, attend board meetings, and deal with any changes or special situations within the portfolio
- Manage junior team members and help with the recruitment and further growth to the private equity team
- Traveling to emerging markets for portfolio management and Due Diligence: about 20-30% of the time
Who we are looking for?
- Full-time MBA from top tier institutions with a finance or quantitative degree
- Intelligent and strong academic track record with excellent analytical ability
- 5-9 years of investment experience
- Prior venture capital / private equity experience in Asia or Africa within an established global organisation or fund of funds/LPs
- Experience leading and driving diligence processes from end to end
- Demonstrable investment track record and knowledge of investment / due diligence process in emerging markets
- CFA/FRM/CAIA/CPA preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Highly proficient in Excel, with strong modelling and analytical skills
- Interest in Impact Investing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full fluency in English is required
- Entrepreneurial mindset, team player, and hard-working
Remote and preferably from emerging markets
How to apply?
Please send your CV and a one page cover letter with title “Principal / VP / AVP, Venture Capital and Private Equity, SIMA Funds – “Your Name”” to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Last Date to Apply
July 31, 2023